Alaina Fjeldsted (St. Louis, MO)

Emily picking Soren and me up from the hospital after he was born and then driving straight to the airport to pick up my mom and sister.

Emily helping me clean up one of Soren's newborn blowouts at the playground in the mall. She was prepared with plastic bags for the soiled items and she even ripped baby wipes in half for me so I could get more use out of each piece!

Emily practically bouncing up our stairs and jumping in our front door just in the nick of time for us to make it to the temple when our baby-sitter was detained. Jacob asked me on the way if she was superwoman and I answered, "pretty much."

Emily taking time to talk with each person at each household while our kids were out trick-or-treating.

Emily holding my plate for me while I tried to cut a piece of cake and hold Soren at the same time.

Emily watching my kids so that I could get out or get things done more easily.

Those experiences are the ones that I could think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are countless others. Emily is the type of person who not only fills a need if she happens to see one, she actively seeks out others' needs and does all she can to fill them. She's an extremely selfless, giving individual and I'm grateful to have her for a friend.

Happy Birthday Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment