Carol Wilson-Thompson (Kabul, Afghanistan)

Slide 3
Congratulations on making it this far in life!
The first time I knew about you and your wonderful caring nature was when Lee had just had his transplant and was not doing well. Marc was at BYU and trying to keep up with classes and make arrangements to come back to Indiana to give me support and to see his Dad. You spent many hours trying to find flights that would help Marc get home. I was very grateful for your compassion and willingness to serve my son. I was very worried about him and was totally unable to do anything myself to help. Thank you for stepping up.
When I first met you I was already prepared to love this person who had won a place in my heart by taking care of my son and I was thrilled to find that in person you really did possess that same love and compassion and warmth even for an old lady you did not really know. In Provo every time you and Tyler stopped by to see me, you lifted my spirits and left me feeling better about the world than I had before I saw you. Thank you for being you and sharing yourself so freely with the world.
Best wishes for the next thirty years....and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment