Kalie Sharp (Phoenix, AZ)

I remember first meeting Emily. It was pretty soon after Ty came home from his mission and was living at BYU. His house was named the "Creepy Crawler"...yikes that was an interesting place. Good thing that didn't scare you off! You were hanging out with Marc, and Ty and all the other roommates. I also remember running into you & Ty on one of your first dates, we were standing in line at Movies 8. A little while later, Ty came over to borrow some cash for the movie (at least he didn't make you pay!).
I remember the first time you met Scott. I was hanging out at his apartment one night and the doorbell rang. I hopped up to answer it, opened the door wide and was shocked to see you and Ty standing there! I think you were excited that you were no longer the only dark-haired person in the family.
I remember trying to pick out bridesmaid outfits, and attempting to figure out exactly what color of red you had envisioned. I'm still not sure if we got it right, but we found something anyway. I remember waiting outside the temple during your wedding wondering if you guys were really going to go through with it. I'm not sure why I was so worried, but I'm glad you did! And, who can forget the infamous wedding dress in Indiana debacle!?!

I remember after my wedding you and Jessica coming to the dressing room and we all hugged, jumped up and down and squeeled a bit being so excited that I was married. I also remember you being excited about the chocolate fountain after a summer living in Africa.
I remember you being so big and pregnant, and probably hot and uncomfortable, but always giving everyone your classic smile. I remember being so excited to see you & baby Ruby in the hospital. And, helping to orchestrate Papa & Nana showing up to surprise you & Ty.
Emily, thank you for being the perfect match for my brother, a wonderful mother to my nieces, an intuitive sister-in-law, and most of all a great friend.
Happy 30th Birthday!
Love, Kalie

No comments:

Post a Comment