Shayla & Curtis Asay (West Lafayette, IN)

Happy Thirtieth Birthday Emily! Though I have only known you for six of your thirty years of life, those six years have been such a blessing for me. The first time I ever met you was when you flew out with Tyler to meet "the Family" in Indiana. Even after just meeting him, you didn't waste any time picking on my Dad on the drive home from the Indianapolis airport. You stayed at our house and I remember how friendly and respectful you were to Tyler's 'little sisters'. We drove to Nauvoo for the Temple dedication and on that drive I got to know you well. We had a TV and DVD Player and for some reason we had decided to bring "Veggi-tales Silly Songs" DVD, even though we had nobody under the age of 14 in the car. You and I laughed so hard at the 'Silly Songs' we had tears streaming down our faces. Every time I hear the Veggi-tales theme song I think of the side-splitting pain from laughing so hard with you on that trip.


A year and a half ago when you moved to St. Louis I was excited to have you close but I had little idea how much your presence would influence me for the better. You are one of the greatest examples of patience and charitable love I have in my life. I have yet to see you meet someone that you couldn't have a lasting conversation with. I don't think you have ever met a stranger, you befriend everyone you meet. I have seen you become friends with those I would call strangers on Cruise ships, foreign countries, my own ward, the grocery store, over the phone with Customer services representatives, etc. Though you have instant connections with many, I am blessed to consider you a true friend of mine. And even luckier to call you a sister. On this Birthday may you feel the love that you show everyone else. Thank you for being such an important part of our family and our lives.


We love you!


Warmest Birthday Wishes,

Shayla & Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment