Sunny Clark Wilson (New York, NY)

I have many fond memories of Emily. Like the first time I saw her on campus after meeting her at the Creepy Crawler. First of all, she remembered my name. And used it. Second and more importantly, she had on a really cool outfit: a red bandana, dark rimmed glasses, multiple beaded and non-beaded bracelets, dark jeans that were too long, and one of her signature tees. She had, and still has, plenty of perfect tees, and plenty of great style.

Or the time she befriended a crack-head in New York. If I'm not mistaken Emily invited her inside. We all had a chuckle about that part because it was so like Emily to see a person in need and offer some kind of help. No one was laughing when said crack-head came back and made off with a Rubbermaid container full of Emily and Tyler's yet-unborn children's clothes.

I admired her cool, calm demeanor when she told us about being held up at gunpoint in a parking lot on Christmas vacation 2006.

Perhaps the thing that makes her a kindred spirit most of all is her inability to say no to anything that someone is offering for free. Or it could be those windows she has collected just because. Whenever I tell her about a good deal I found, or show her a new treasure I have acquired, I know she is on my side.

Happy 30th birthday, Emily.

Love,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment